Struggling since new features

I’ve been using Sharpr3D for about 18months creating 3d models for my 3D printing terrain business, but I am now really struggling to design anything with the new features I feel like in need to go to basics is there any useful new tutorials for me to hone my skills and try to improve? I’ve committed to a year subscription and feels like a waste if I cannot now use it

Thanks in advance

1 Like

There are a lot of tutorials on official Shapr3D youtube channel. Also a lot from other people.

If you have specific questions about anything you can ask here. Community will try to help you.

I feel exactly the same way. I’m using Shapr3D for many years, now even the simplest things drive me nuts because they do not seam to work anymore.
E.g.

• Rotating bodies along with their sketches - as soon as I mark both of them - the translate-symbols disappear
  • Projecting one sketch (or face) onto another sketch … it actually creates a new sketch that seams to have a different plane than the one I’ve choosen as target (so the projection is useless because I can not use the projected lines as a ‘snap to’ target )

… and so on.

That is so frustrating and I’m loosing so much time even on the simplest things.

Thanks

Hi @TomA , sorry to hear that. What is it that you can’t do or have to do differently compared to the previous version?

I think It has now become above my capabilities, and as such not user friendly to beginners like myself. Therefore I am stuck with a year subscription for a product can no longer use. I am willing to learn but it seems I have now wasted a 18 months getting to know a tool that seems to now have been changed.

1 Like

Can you please give a few specific examples of what you find hard to use or confusing? We’d love to make it easier.