Threads and stuff

hey all…does anyone know how I can change the thread angle on this file. I had a heck of a time figuring all of this out and I just dont know what to do. id like it to be a 45 degree angle so I can 3d print it properly. thanks so much for any advice. JC
Untitledyo.step (381.6 KB)
Untitledyo.step (381.6 KB)

I doubt that the thread can be edited to a 45° angle on your threaded rod STEP file.
You’re better off creating your own threaded rod from custom criteria, especially for 3D printing.

As an exercise, I took your STEP file and duplicated the screw and cut it in half.
My assumptions are: maintain the ID of the shaft, the height of the outer flat and the pitch (if that’s the right term) at 8 threads per inch. I sketched a new tooth profile at 45° angle per your request (highlighted in blue). I used Revolve to create the new thread extending the length to 1" and revolve rotation at 360° x 8. You can see the comparison of my custom thread against the STEP file.

2 Likes

Awesome. I really appreciate it. Ever since I started using this software you’ve been a huge help. I hope you have a really great day. Thanks so much for your time.