Tube Chassis design

Hi all, i’m trying to come up with a tube chassis design. Similar to a sand rail or buggy design. I can’t seem to find a simple way to do this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Modeling shall be not so difficult, but some inside about your 3D model intended use (what you want to do with shapr3D model later on) will help to suggest you modeling strategy.

I’ll be building Off Rod Buggies, I though i’d said.

I will suggest you make the rod connections using the Sweep tool.

Here’s our great tutorial video on mastering how to use of the Sweep tool:

…Modeling, simulation for safety, changes, simulation, safety checks , joints / welds calculations for safety , models for manufacturing , prototype test for safety …Building… Final structure,

… yes start with sweep to model first as Victor suggested … and always think on about safety
If human or any live creature will be involved in using this

Safety! Safety!

…and safety labels and safe use manual :wink: … engineering is not only modeling … safety first

Hey Victor, Thanks for your reply… I’d looked at that video and though it’s a good way, however its drawing out all the lines in a 3D model that seems to prove troublesome.
You can make planes and draw some parts out, but joining sketches on the planes seems very hard… I’m hoping for an easier way to go this.

Thanks for your reply… I’d looked at that video and though it’s a good way, however its drawing out all the lines in a 3D model that seems to prove troublesome.
You can make planes and draw some parts out, but joining sketches on the planes seems very hard… I’m hoping for an easier way to go this.

@OffRoadBuggy
I admire your ambition, but make no mistake your objective is not quick and simple.
Comments regarding Safety, by @LePapa, are echoed and you will be solely responsible for your Design.
The following is the result of just one way of tackling the problem you are experiencing, and is capable of being developed to cover the total Design. However it will take sustained effort. If you think it may help just shout: