2D Drawings feature request please!?!?!

Can you please add the ability, to snap measurement lines together and have the ability to Change colours of measurement lines/numbers for better visual presentation

Please!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, and resize the dimension text.

1 Like

Hi Virdman,

Better alignment for dimensions (and also views) is on our close roadmap, the more custom options you mentioned are planned for later. We are getting many exiting requests related the Drawings and we are trying to incorporate as many as possible while focusing on these improvements.

How much would it help you if you could change the line thickness to highlight dimensions?

1 Like

This could be better than the current offerings. Wold be a good start!

1 Like

I would like to add to the issue of alignment of dimension which is very important in making a clean drawing but also being able to adjust the location of the dimension to be inside the dimension lines and not on top of the dimension lines. But one of the most important commands missing in the drawing section is being able to create projection views and align them up to each other. For example if I move one view and it is a projection from another they should both move together. How is everyone using Shapr3D drawings aligning the views today without the align views command.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Dan,

Helping to create clear drawings is an item with high priority to us well. Projected views and alignment improvements for both views and dimensions are something we will start to work on soon.

Can’t wait to see the improvements.

Thank you

1 Like

I works as a Steamfitter for 20 years and colored prints weren’t as helpful as a clean and clear layout of measurements. Drafting in prospective with layout measurements I find to be more helpful for things like pipe a pump in. The only thing the bugs me is the scale isn’t in fraction and feet, for example typical scale would be 1/6=foot…