3D to 2d

UPDATE: drawings are finally here: 4.0 - 2D drawings + new pricing

Very new to the software and drawing in 3d.
Having issues with creating 2d drawings from bodies.
I have projected the drawing onto the new plane but when I export as a dwg or dxf it always comes up as the plan view.

Thanks

Hi, before exporting please double-tap on the larger 3d view cube to reset to 3d view.

Then try exporting the sketch let’s see if the issue persists.
Kindly give this a workaround a try and let’s see how it goes as I suspected that what you are experiencing is already a known issue on our end.

I’m having the same issue. I can not generate a dwg from sketch plane seen in the left view. I can only generate top down (aka plan) views. I tried to reset the view to the default 3d view and still no luck. So no dwgs of the side of my model. I am in eval for 5 more days - would like to know this can be done.

I found a hack which is to select and then rotate the plane that has my left view projection so that they are viewable from the top view. So conceptually, to generate dwgs, I have to lay all my sketch planes flat and then arrange them like a sheet. I ran the test through AutoCAD and it works. Is there another way though to generate dwgs without doing this?

Hi Mark, while on the top view please can you try rotating the workspace to have visible the sides you want exported instead of completely exporting the sketch from the left view.

Give this a try and let me know if it helps.

So select them first and then export?

Hi Mark,
Select the top view - using two fingers try move the workspace around to have all parts of the sketch visible from the top view and then export.

No change having done that.

Please send the workspace to us in Shapr format via support@shapr3d.com
We will look into it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Done. Thanks for looking at it.
-Mark

1 Like

UPDATE: drawings are finally here: 4.0 - 2D drawings + new pricing