4.0 - 2D dimensioned drawings + new pricing

Morning!

It goes without saying that we like to make modeling and visualization fluid and straightforward, but now it’s time to make production and manufacturing easier. So here’s the latest scoop… 2D drawings :partying_face:

But before we dive into the nuts and bolts of 2D drawings, please note that this feature is only available to users who are PRO users—or Shapr3D for Business users. For more details about our refreshed pricing model, head on over to our Manual.

When you finish designing and perfecting your 3D model, you can create precise and useful technical drawings that seamlessly bring your products from conception to production.

You can create a drawing easily in our app, using one of these methods:

Then, you can set up your drawing preferences, including sheet size (following ISO or ANSI standards), orientation, and scale. These settings and drawing units are editable anytime.

Once you set up the basic sheet for a component, you can:

When you’re ready to share or print your 2D drawing, click Export again and specify the format: DWG, DXF, or PDF.

This is just the beginning. Soon, we’ll release more advanced features, including extended views, geometries, etc., so stand by for more updates!

3 Likes

I would like to add some extra info:

4.0.0 isn’t backwards compatible with the previous version, meaning if you create a WS with it, export, and want to open it your iPad which isn’t updated yet, you will get an update modal to get the 4.0.0 version there too. Without updating, you won’t be able to open the WS, so make sure you update on both platforms.

1 Like

Would love if this worked, but it’s only semi worked once and all it did was create a crowded page with 4 HUGE images on top of each other. Since then, with my other designs it a) only crashes the system, over and over and over, or b) there are drawings in the manager but they’re all blank or c) it won’t allow me to select anything on the design to create the drawing. Getting quite frustrated. I submitted one of them a few minutes ago for troubleshooting. I love Shapr but it just refuses to do things so often.
:frowning:

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. This is something we already started to work on, you can expect a fix around MidApril.

This is happening because currently the dwg/dxf formats with multiple sketches are exported in a general way and when these dwg/dxf files are imported to Shapr3D or other softwares they put every sketch on top of each other causing the troubles you mentioned. We are working on a solution to make it able to export these formats from the Drawings space without having this overlapping issue.

Bests,
Alexander

Can I understand this “new feature” correctly. I am still doing a demo of this product to see how it will solve my issues. and whether to commit the $$$ And the one issue has always been dimensions. Visually need to see 3d object dimensions while designing furniture.

Now I see this post saying a feature that most users (some pro and some standard) have been asking for that you have designed but conveniently made available to users paying the most money? So that means standard users who pay for the software and may have been waiting for from what I see many years still dont have a feature unless 700AUD per year is committed?

Correct me if Im wrong, do you still not have a dimensions tool that easily shows dimensions for all sides of objects for users on standard subscription?

No, existing customers were grandfathered, and we gave them drawings for free.
For new customers, drawings is available in the Business tier.

Regardless you are still only giving this feature to pro users. Paying users in standard need a feature to show dimensions too. As I am still demo’ing the product I miss out. I’m sure there are others. Is there an alternative that works to show dimensions?

@Istvan I have upgraded to the pro version to trial the feature.

I am having issues where only some parts are converted to a technical drawing. In other words if i create a cabinet. It has top, bottom, sides, middle spine, shelves. I then select all parts and create a drawing it does not create the drawings for each part. Is this correct? or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @aarkcreations! Currently, multi-sheet drawings are not supported, if you create a drawing from a group of objects, they will be placed on one drawing sheet altogether.

If I misunderstood the issue and some parts are entirely missing from the drawing, please upload the workspace or send us to support@shapr3d.com to let us take a look at it. Please do not forget to tell us the version of Shapr3D you are using.

1 Like

Hi,
Is there a possibility of making more sheets?

Hi there,

Drawings questions:

• Dimensions needs tolerances values, how to add them?
  • How I can change drawing template (add logo etc)?

Drawings nice to have:
Currently we need to choose first how dimension will be done edge-point, point-point etc. and this is one more attention point and one more click . I think here is room for improvement in the future.

Windows : cannot find where to set display for screenshot without grid and or with transparent or white background and without edges. (it works nice on Ipad) … I want nice screenshots for client so please tell me how to set it up.

Greets
LePapa

Hello, some websites ask for a DXF rendering of the part to make me an offer for producing it. However, what they want is a DXF of just the part itself, not the - obviously beautiful - 2D drawings with the different views and boxes and everything from Shapr. Can we make that possible or could you tell me how to to this? I currently have to revert to an online design program called Onshape to recreate my drawing there and be able to export it.

Do you want to export the 3D geometry to DXF?

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct.

Currently you can’t export 3D geometry to DXF from Shapr3D. Which services accept DXF that do not accept STEP files as an input?

Tell me about it… I’ve sent them, multiple online services, the designs in all other available formats from Shapr… STEP, IGES, everything. And they all claim they can’t open it.

Thank you for the update! Just what the supplier needed.