3Dconnexion Space Mouse issues

I’m experiencing a lot of issues with my Space Mouse. Currently running the latest versions of Shapr3D (5.240.0 (4221)) and Space Mouse drivers (macOS 10.7.4) on a M1 iMac (Ventura 13.0).

• After selecting a view (i.e. front, top, back, etc…) spin, tilt and roll become unresponsive. Pan and zoom continue to work correctly. Functionality can be restored by holding spin, tilt, or zoom for 2-3 seconds.

• Frequently lose all Space Mouse functionality in Shapr3D but it continues to work with other apps. This happens when I close a model, go to the home screen in Shapr3D and then open another model. It also happens if I switch to a different app and then come back to Shapr3D. Functionality can be restored by restarting Shapr3D.

• Unnatural jerky movement in Shapr3d. Unable to move in multiple ways simultaneously (i.e. tilt & roll). Movement is fluid in 3Dconnexion Trainer.

Thank you, we are looking into this issue.

3 Likes

Hey – thanks for the report. We found the root cause and could fix it quickly, we are in the process of pushing out a quickfix release ASAP (might still take a day or two due to the time required by release tests and Apple & MS verifications).

We apologize for not catching it earlier and disrupting your work with this. Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

Hi, does this include an update for windows? I have two different SpaceMouse on two completely two different windows pcs and they both have issues where the mouse stops functioning completely with Shapr3d and opening and closing the Shapr3d eventually makes it work again.

Issue seem to have been fixed with Version 5.252.0 on MacOS

2 Likes

The problem with the quickfix was macOS-specific, but we did improve such latency issues on Windows as well recently. If they persist on the latest version, could you please submit a quick video recording along with the exact Windows and SpaceMouse driver versions (the 3Dconnexion driver app tells you that). Thanks!

Peter, I’m still having the same issues even after the recent updates to Shapr3D.

• After selecting a view (i.e. front, top, back, etc…) spin, tilt and roll become unresponsive. Pan and zoom continue to work correctly. Functionality can be restored by holding spin, tilt, or zoom for 2-3 seconds.

• Unnatural jerky movement in Shapr3d. Unable to move in multiple ways simultaneously (i.e. tilt & roll). Movement is fluid in 3Dconnexion Trainer.

Shapr3D Version 5.260.0 (4372)
Space Mouse drivers (macOS 10.7.4)
M1 iMac (Ventura 13.0.1)

I thought the brief hold from rolling/tilting from a selected surface or sketch was intentional.
It’s been doing it as long as I can remember.
Kind of like an axis lock to navigate/zoom in on a sketch or plane without disrupting the view position. If that makes sense.
I still use the lock on my Spacemouse Pro when needed though.
If this behavior is intentional it would be nice to be able to toggle it.
The feature (or bug?) is nice when using a basic space mouse.

1 Like

@Damfino, thanks for getting back. @NathanD is right: the slight “lock-in” to the 2D orthographic views is deliberate to help you avoid accidentally exiting that view. But it’s indeed a bit too aggressive: we’ll look into it.

Jerky movement is absolutely not expected. We’ll see if we can reproduce it and check what we can do.

@Damfino, one final question: which model of SpaceMouse do you use?

Peter_Gy I’m using the Compact model.

Thanks for getting back. We tried to reproduce it on an almost identical configuration (using an M1 MacBook insted of an iMac, but otherwise with the same app, driver & OS versions) and we couldn’t, but we’ll keep on trying.

1 Like