5.492 - Folders are here

Hi,

All files are stored in Shapr3D internally until you export them. There you can navigate to wherever you want to place them on your storage or in the cloud.

After the export prompt, where I select the file format, there is no Save As window. Nothing happens and the screen just returns to my drawing.

After you select the format, press the continue button, then a modal comes up, which will let you decide what you want to do with the generated file. You can save it to Files, send it in mail, are share it with other apps / through airdrop.

Hi Laci,
After doing this thousands of times, it is pretty automatic for me. However, I think it would be good to revisit the user controls. Even though it is big and blue, the ā€œcontinueā€ button does not look right. Youā€™re probably aware of Appleā€™s design guide (Windows probably has one too)

The less users have to think about which button, and where is it, the better.

There is no Continue button.
I am anew user and it says new users cannot upload attachment - I have a screen recording to share with you.

Please contact our support team, they can help you out and you can attach files and recordings there:

https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hello Shapr3D team, all.

Can someone please advise how we can change the folder to a more descriptive view than the folder picture?

Thank you.

Great additional organizational tool.
Another request for your great team is a way to search for folders and projects in folders.
You guys have created one of the best design tools to come along in all my years of computing. Itā€™s refreshing to see your work validated by watching Windows users choke using other 3D platforms trying to work a model I create on my iPad.
Iā€™m a previous user of Solidedge and SolidWorks and switching over to Shapr3D 4 years ago was the best decision I could have made. You keep getting better with every upgrade. Please donā€™t abandon your roots as you expand in supporting other platforms.

1 Like

See the workaround suggested above when I asked for the same thing, i.e. use emojis in the folder name.

Thank you for the reply.
Looks like I need more patience.

Really hope the ā€œdrawing stampsā€ can be incorporated, as it has a nice feel to it.

OMG THANK YOU! This is awesome!

Canā€™t name or rename projects once in folder.
Canā€™t move projects out of folder.

1 Like

What happens when you try to rename a project?

You can drag the projects or folders to the folder tree view on the left.

OK. I was trying with my finger not the pencil.

Moving file from folder,ā€¦I didnā€™t try that direction. Perhaps, with this, if once the file starts moving in the folder the potential targets slightly highlight

Thanks very much. Istvan

Still need the ā€œpull up toā€ feature to heal miss aligned surfaces, extremely powerful feature.

Still need a ā€œblendā€ tool, ie a loft that will loft a ring to make pipes and wires, able to terminate the shape normal to the selected end surfaces and follow other mid surfaces as per spline curves.

Still need a ā€œproject line to sketchā€ tool so touching lines anywhere in the model will project them to the sketch to be part or the sketch. There is a tool there which seems to do this but it is not available when in sketch. This is vital to build parts from other existing parts.

It took me a very long time to figure how the ā€œcurveā€ tool worked. Would like to have a ā€œselect any 3 pointsā€ curve option.

With these features I will be largely free of my ANSYS SpaceClaim package, except for the sheet metal features.

Kind regards

Also can we get a Stainless Steel material, please? Chrome is slightly too reflective and SS has slightly different colors depending on the grade.

The Visualization environment IS truly amazing and a delight to use.

When I die my iPad Pro with Shapr3D pre paid is going with me into the Tomb, just in case there is an afterlife.

2 Likes

Uploading: RPReplay_Final1698922266.mp4ā€¦

Available in the parametric beta.

G1, G2 lofts will be available in the next parametric beta release, and guide curves are already working in the live version as well.

Despite itā€™s not accessible from the sketch mode, it does exactly this. We will make it available from sketch mode too with the parametric release.

We are constantly adding new materials, and weā€™ll add support for custom materials too.

Really great to hear that!

God, itā€™s been a few days since I requested help. I have shared the screen recording too. How frustrating it is. I canā€™t save my drawings. Itā€™s a simple request, yet no one to help me.

A big thank you!

Iā€™m really happy to see the ability to export into a native Shapr3D file format, and somewhat for the internal organization capability.

What Iā€™m really hoping for is the ability to organize files within the windows file system (open/save/save as) on my computer so I can organize these projects with my other CAD and Gcode files for a given project.

Since exporting/importing of a full Shapr3D project can be done now, this should be easy.