5.492 - Folders are here

The wait is over: folders are finally out!

New: Now you can create folders to organize your projects effortlessly. Add new folders with just a simple click or tap, and easily move your projects with drag-and-drop. A new sidebar navigation and history also provide you with seamless access to your folders and projects.
projects-folders

Make sure to update Shapr3D to start using this feature and let us know what you think in the comment section below. :arrow_down:

18 Likes

Hi glad to see that we can now organize our projects.
I have two questions:
Is there a way to pin certain folders to the top?
And is there a way to import a design from a folder into a project? I have many standard parts like screws and sockets I need in almost every project. It would be really nice and handy if I could just have a folder with all the items I need and import right from there into my project.

Keep up the good work

Matthias

2 Likes

For now the UI provides fairly basic functionality, and we’ll improve it in the coming releases. Pinning, and importing is not in the scope of this project.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for your reply - I’m looking forward to the coming updates :+1:

When will you bring the other features of the beta into the mainstream Shapr3d? Things like linked sketches and parametrics??? Just wondering…

Thanks,

Mike…

We are getting closer every week, but I can’t give you an exact release date yet. The beta is quite stable already, but it’s not feature complete yet.

2 Likes

Thanks @Istvan

Thanks for the folders, it’s a major improvement. I look forward to the improved functionality, hopefully it will include the ability to filter projects on the basis of date created, or by name.

Displaying dates would be good too. Now that I’ve imported everything, the oldest files are on top, i guess it will sort itself out over time-

Thanks again-

One thing I’d like to see is a custom icon option for each folder to make them easier to pick out visually. Other than that, a very good update!

1 Like

Hi Alan,
While not a custom icon, you can use emoji’s in the name to give a quick visual…
IMG_0380

Thanks Shapr3d folks for implementing a right click menu to rename/delete in the project list!

in the Italian App Store the update still not available…

Emojis are a great idea as an additional visual aid to quickly identify each folder. :+1:t2:

Hello snow520lee,

Try googling Shapr3D. You can download from the website.

Could you please go to the Appstore page of Shapr3D? It should be available worldwide. You might need to restart Appstore itself, sometimes it likes to get stuck.

Really awesome, good job! I guess a lot of people should be very happy and it’s again a very nice improvement! I am a big fan of Shapr3D, it’s the best and most powerfull 3D productdesign software ever.

Hi, yes thanks. Now it is ok

Folders are a nice addition :+1:

I am just 4 days old with shapr3d. Where in my IPad are the projects saved. Where are my export files saved? Please help.

Patric