5.570 - Tidier display filters in the History sidebar

Manage longer lists more effortlessly in History with this new update to the sidebar:

Improved: Get a tidier display when browsing through selection-based results in History with multiple unrelated steps now collapsed inside a single new “Unrelated” label.

Try out this change and let us know what you think.

4 Likes

Hi @Jeriz

The tider display is a great improvement for me when you select an object. Now, even with long history, the steps related to a selected body fit most of the time in a single screen with no need to scroll through the history.

Pec

2 Likes

This is SUPER intuitive.
Which is SO characteristic of Shapr3D in every way.

The only thing I find wonky about Shapr is that the Replace Face button is always two clicks away. That’s an impediment for me because I use it constantly.
Please consider fixing that.

But Shapr is truly amazing. :heart:
I see that it’s coming to Apple Vision Pro. Which begs the question, will it come to Quest3?
I use GravitySketch a lot in Quest3 (both standalone and tethered) and it’s so great for clearly seeing what you’re designing. Sighting down the body of a car to see the fender forms, or anything of that nature.

Hi @GJetson ,

Thank you, we appreciate it :pray:

It depends on your screen size. Eg. even on my smaller 13’ screen it’s visible.

We are focusing on Vision Pro and we don’t plan to have a Quest version anytime soon. Shapr3D for Vision Pro will be available in our Enterprise tier.

I use Shapr almost exclusively on iPad Pro 12.9” so that’s where this problem pops up.
And it is a constant problem. Shapr is by far the fastest cad workflow for me, but fixing that issue on iPad would make it even faster.

2 Likes

That makes sense. We’ve set the priority of the tools based on their usage frequency in the entire user base. In the past we considered customizing the order based on the user’s usage freqency, but it would lead to other usability issues to which we couldn’t come up with a great solution. What’s your use case for the replace face tool?

1 Like

There is certainly the downside that tutorial videos would be confusing if the button order was customizable.

For me, it seems to make sense to group Offset Face, Replace Face and Extrude together.
I never use Add Plane or Add Axis from the menu that appears when you select a face.
Instead, from the primary (4 button) menu, I choose Add, then Construction Axis or Construction Plane. Unless there’s a reason for that distinction of having those buttons appear in two places, I’d think it might simplify the interface to re-order the buttons.
I do use construction planes a lot but nowhere near as frequently as Replace Face.

Whether for cabinetry, architectural or industrial design applications, Replace Face is constantly useful. I sometimes use it several times in a one minute timespan.

I probably use Replace Face more than any other tool and I can say that it is my favorite. On the iPad Pro, I merely tap the source face followed by a tap of the destination face then the one tap of the Replace Face tool (one click away).

1 Like

Can you elaborate what you are meaning by unrelated steps is that number the number of (child to parent) relationship’s that feature would have, please explain.

Thank you

Awesome! Thank you so much! I’m embarrassed that I didn’t know Shapr would do that but of course it makes perfect sense that it would :heart:

And I see that it works with multiple faces. Funny that I originally learned one way to do it, and never questioned it again. I feel like a dummy but thanks again for sharing this. It’ll be a huge timesaver.

1 Like

In the last few minutes, I did a few quick screen recordings and dropped them into a new FreeForm page called Shapr3D Pro Tips. I used to use DayOne to make process books for any app of sufficient complexity, but FreeForm is much more powerful.

1 Like