5.440 - User interface refresh

We’ve been talking about this for a while, and it’s finally here! Check out what’s in store for you in this user interface refresh.

• New: The new Project Sidebar creates a unified space for you to access 3D Modeling, Visualization, and, all your 2D Drawings.
    shapr3d-modeling-space-sidebars

• New: Our main menu now includes a new section for modes, including Section view, Isolate, and Measure tools in the 3D Modeling space. These tools are useful within any tool, so we wanted to make them as accessible as possible.
    shapr3d-modeling-space-modes

• Improved: Increase your productivity with a refreshed visual user interface, including beautiful new icons, tweaked typography, a shift to rectangular buttons, and larger labels.
    shapr3d-modeling-space-menus

Download the new version now to enjoy Shapr3D with the newly-refreshed user interface. For a more in-depth tour, check out our Summer Tour page.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update.

Are we supposed to be able to edit the project name directly from the top toolbar?

I’m sure I read/saw this feature somewhere, but it doesn’t appear to be working in this release.

5 Likes

I’ve been expecting the feature of organising projects into folders is released in this version.

7 Likes

It is it not directly part of the new UI release, but it will follow soon.

@Bevelish_Creations already shared a few seconds from how it will work: https://youtu.be/Y3wvXrRZguo?t=215

6 Likes

Why do you want to put this function in the middle position? Can it improve efficiency?

11 Likes

+1 for this suggestion, I think the undo/redo buttons would be better in the bottom corner, then make the top toolbar a “pop-out” style menu so that it isn’t always in the way taking up useful screen space in the design area.

15 Likes

The previous design was more suitable for two-handed operation, but now I really don’t know why it is designed this way. Do all your iPad have keyboards and mice?

7 Likes

Hi,

I searched for quite some time but I can’t find how to delete a drawing with the new UI on MacOS? :thinking: I must be missing something simple but I can’t figure it out.

Any clue on how to do it would be helpful :grinning:

Hey - Use the secondary click in the Projects Sidebar and hit “Delete Drawing”.

We will make sure that this is also reflected in our Manual - thanks for the note

Hi

It is what I expected but secondary click does not work for me in the Project Side Bar. Secondary click works everywhere else (modeling, visualization, or in a drawing), but not in Project Side Bar where it does nothing.

Shapr3D Version 5.440.0 (5599), MacOS 12.5 (21G72), MacBook Air M1, using MacBook trackpad. Secondary click is two fingers click.

1 Like

Hi @PEC , I’m running a similar config and it works for me. Can you share a screen recording?

Hi @Istvan

sure, here it is.
I activated the tutorial mode so we can see it is a secondary click.

Thank you! This might be a bug on macOS 12.5. Can you update to macOS Ventura?

1 Like

Not in the next weeks, as I’m not at home at present, with limited internet access, and will do a complete backup before updating :grinning:

1 Like

I have the same system but I’m currently running 13.4.1 Ventura and the two finger click on the trackpad opens up the box with the option to delete with no issues,

1 Like

Works fine on mine running Ventura.

1 Like

New interface is exciting. I know I am missing something, I’m looking for current grid sizing, and the only way I can see it is to go to the upper-right menu, and check grid size there. However, adjusting the grid size is a bit awkward without seeing the current size.

3 Likes

I am also missing the real time grid size display like @treyway mentioned.
I refer to the current grid size display ALL THE TIME as I zoom in and out in the top/bottom/side views.
Can we please get it back?
This must surely be an accidental omission in the new interface….right? I would sure hope it wasn’t removed on purpose.
Maybe there is an on/off toggle in settings? @Istvan?

4 Likes

Nice work from everyone at Shapr3D

4 Likes