5.730 - Project Versions

Optimize your workflow with Project Versions, new Visualization environments, and enhanced customization options.

• New: Now you can track and restore previous versions of your projects with Project Versions, ensuring your work is safeguarded and revisions are easy to manage from the Dashboard.
    project versions
  • New: Enhance the quality of your renders with two detailed environments added to Visualization for greater variety and control over lighting and scene settings.
  • New: Instantly toggle Camera animations in the View menu to switch between smooth transitions or immediate changes when navigating different views and angles, adapting to your workflow and preferences.
  • New: Now you can customize keyboard shortcuts to boost your workflow efficiency.
  • Improved: Mode states like Isolate, Section View, and Measure now have clearer visual indicators, allowing you to identify active modes much more quickly.

Give these features a try and let us know how they support your work in the comments below. :arrow_down:

8 Likes

Regarding rendering, firstly, whether the shadow cast on the ground can be adjusted for its intensity, secondly, whether the rendering lighting can be increased or adjusted 360 degrees up, down, left, right, instead of 360 degrees from the front, and thirdly, whether it supports custom HDR or texture, which is beneficial for personalized and fast rendering

Are you sure you’re in the right section? Here we speak about Project versions. :laughing:

Version 5.730 has COMPLETELY bricked exporting on my M1 iMac! I cannot export ANY parts in ANY format. I either get a message saying ‘Export Failed’ if I use the new quick export menu (File - export to - STL) or if I export the using the traditional menu, STL files automatically get a .s put on the end of the file name and will not open with any 3D printing slicer! Please support me on this issue as I rely on this for prototyping and manufacture and this is an HUGE problem for me!

Files that are saved using the traditional menu are saved as ‘Plain text files’

I am sure project versions will save my ass many times, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Customizable keyboard shortcuts are just as awesome. However, they don’t seem to work for zoom to item and zoom to selection: no matter what I bind to those, it does not happen, even though the same action can be performed from the context menu or command search.

App version 5.730.0 (7613)
macOS 15.0.1 (24A348)

Also, it’d be great to have the possibility to bind “View to normal” to a shortcut.

And while I am at it, it’d be awesome to have a “Toggle regular/construction” setting in sketching, it’s annoying that I can only change the state of lines I drew, even if I know up front that I’d want to sketch a construction line.

1 Like

Shortcuts?! :pray:t2: thanks a lot. I am going to play with that

Hi,
In the menu > Help > Keyboard Shortcuts

Yeah, I found that, but there are two major problems with it:

1. It only allows me to turn an existing sketch line into construction or regular, and does not allow me to change the mode before I’d sketch a line. So if I’m in the wrong mode, I need to first sketch the line, then select it again and then use my shortcut – as opposed to simply changing to the right mode before sketching. To be honest, I’d prefer that mode of operation even without shortcuts, the make construction/regular selector in the constraints side menu could be a mode switch instead of an action.
  2. It’s two separate actions & shortcuts, I’d prefer a single one that toggles between the two – one less shortcut to remember or conflict with others.

Hi,
But anyway by selecting your line, you go directly to sketch mode. You just need to type the shortcut. I chose Shift Q for Construction and Option Shift Q for Regular. Ainsin only Option changes. It remains simple.

But I know in advance which lines I want to draw as construction lines and which as regular. It’s a pain in the ass that I have to select them again just to change their mode, regardless of whether I need to enter sketch mode again or not. It’s not the end of the world, but customizable shortcuts are productivity improvements so I’d like to be more productive :slight_smile: