90 degree tube with two different radius

Hi,
ich versuche gerade ein Rohr mit zwei verschieden großen Durchmessern im 90 Grad Winkel zu bauen und schaffe es einfach nicht. Es fehlt einfach der Befehl „an zwei Leitkurven aufziehen“ wie bei Rhino zum Beispiel.
Loften ist zu ungenau!
Alles ist immer so sehr willkürlich in diesem Programm. kann jemand helfen?

liebe Grüße
Boris

Greetings,

Sorry I do not understand German. Forgive me if I’m wrong about the language.
I gather you tried to use Loft, which will not work. Here is one way to do this, assuming the end result is what you want to achieve.

Use Sweep from a diameter and a 90° arc representing the bend. After the sweep, select one end and scale it to the desired diameter. Hope that helps.

Regards, Mike

1 Like

Hello again,

FYI, Revolve also works.

-Mike

1 Like

ACHTUNG: DIESE METHODE ERSTELLT WANDVERDÜNNUNG AM SKALIERTEN ENDE DES ROHRES.
Um dieses Auftreten zu vermeiden, verwenden Sie die in Post 8 unten empfohlene Methode.

ATTENTION: THIS METHOD WILL CREATE WALL THINING AT THE SCALED END OF THE PIPE.
TO AVOID THIS OCCURRENCE USE THE METHOD SUGGESTED IN POST 8 BELOW.

Hallo nochmal @Boris Willkommen im Forum :sunglasses:
Möglicherweise stellen Sie fest, dass ich Google Translate :face_with_raised_eyebrow: verwende
Sie werden feststellen, dass Shapr3D [S3D] fast alles kann, aber möglicherweise eine andere Methode erfordert. In diesem Fall wird es etwas komplexer sein.

@TigerMike
Mike, you beat me to it, but I hope this will add to your input so will Post.
Mike, du hast mich geschlagen, aber ich hoffe, dass dies zu deiner Eingabe beiträgt, ebenso wie Post.

Wenn Sie dies benötigen, lesen Sie bitte weiter. Beachten Sie, dass es wahrscheinlich andere Möglichkeiten gibt, um ein ähnliches Ziel zu erreichen:

1. Skizzieren Sie den / die großen Durchmesser wie gezeigt mit einer Sweep-Kurve um 90 °:

1. Extras> Sweep>, um ein gekrümmtes Rohr zu bilden> Fertig> Wählen Sie das Rohrende aus> Transformieren> Skalieren> Auf die gewünschte Größe skalieren:

1. Extras> Extrudieren> Auf benötigte Länge extrudieren [Verwenden Sie nicht die Funktion ‘Entwurfswinkel’]:

1. Wiederholen Sie 3 am anderen Ende des Rohrs:

Wenn dies nicht hilfreich ist, warten Sie bitte auf die Eingabe des S3D-Teams.

Fröhliches S3Ding :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks. That’s it.

@Boris
Great to learn that the Language Barrier could be successfully bridged.
Thanks for your feedback

Hi Stan,

Muchas Gracias!!!

Although there is a language barrier for me, I’d like to comment on what I observer from your pics. First it looks like you did the revolve with a tube at 90° and then did the scale. When you scale down one end of the 90° bend, you also scale down the wall thickness of the tube at that end as well.

If you were able to maintain the wall thickness then all is good. If not, the other approach would be to revolve the 90° bend and then do the scale (like I did initially). Then do a shell to the appropriate wall thickness. And finally, punch out the wall at the other end of the bend.

Regards, Mike

Hallo nochmal @Boris
@TigerMike hat auf einen möglicherweise vorhandenen Fehler hingewiesen, und im Folgenden wird das Problem behoben.
Durch Skalieren eines Rohrendes wird die Wandstärke geringfügig verringert.
Leider habe ich nicht das Originaldesign. Um sicherzustellen, dass Sie die bestmögliche Ausgabe erhalten, verwenden Sie bitte die folgende Methode:

@TigerMike has pointed out an error that may exist and the following sets out to rectify the problem.
Scaling one end of a Pipe will reduce the Wall thickness.
To ensure you get the best possible output please use the following method:

1. Extras> Sweep> wie zuvor, jedoch mit dem gezeigten Kreis

1. Transformieren> Skalieren> auf die gewünschte Größe

1. Werkzeuge> Extrudieren> beide Enden des Körpers wie zuvor

1. Extras> Vereinigung> Alle 3 Körper auswählen> Fertig

1. Extras> Schale> Wandstärke auswählen> Fertig. Skizzieren Sie dann am anderen Ende einen Kreis, der der bereits geschälten Wandstärke entspricht.

1. Wählen Sie das Rohrende aus und drücken Sie es durch

2 Likes

Hi,
yes it works, but it is not satisfying to scale up or down to the maybe a bit right radius. What if I need special measurements? I want it to be really precise and this method is not precise.
I work for the industry and they need precise products.
Maybe I need a personal training…

Boris

@Boris
Taking the easy example of two Diameters, say, 100mm and 60mm.
Create the Swept or Rotated Bend from the 100mm Circle, then Scale Down the other end to 60%.
Move the Slider Down a little and then click on the Number and Type in 60. this will give a smaller Diameter of 60mm.
Use Mathematics to create Precise Measurements from Original Measurements.
The Bore of the Pipe can be similarly controlled by Typing in the Wall Thickness.

The video is too large for the Forum and I would need personal information to send it direct.
It is possible to contact me via Private message, click on my Avatar.
Otherwise a delay while I use Google Drive. Please let me know if you are OK with the Text above or would like the Video.

If you have a YouTube account, you can upload your video there. It can be set up as “private mode”. It will provide you with a link of which you can share on this forum. Only those with the link can view the video.

-Mike

Hey guys. Thank you for your help. It really works, but when I have not 100mm but 347,89mm it is really hard to figure out how I get the other radius. And this is the point. For basic constructions it is nice to have the scaling but for real working it is not the right tool. I want to work and not do any mathematics to just calculate another radius.
I go to rhino or solid works. It fits better, but those problems could be solved so easily by having the command „draw on two leading curves“ or „curve network“.
I just want to use this program so often but at the moment it is to complicated most of the times.
Greetings
Boris

@Boris
I fully appreciate that S3D, in this case does require the User to do more work than some other Software.
Everyone has to make decisions as to the suitability, of S3D at it’s present Development Stage, for the intended use.
In my first Post above it was pointed out that S3D does things differently, S3D have declared it their intention to be different. Clearly this Intention plus Development Level will impact on User perception regarding suitability. I certainly miss features enjoyed in other Software, and happy to ‘miss’ paying for the privilege of using those features. S3D provides, on the iPad c/w Pencil Platform, an expanding array of features at a cost that is acceptable. I admit to longing for a few features.

However it does not alter the fact that S3D can produce the results required.

The following is included for the benefit of anyone needing to achieve similar results:

The mathematics required are basic, an Internet Search will reveal this and other solutions.
In this case it seems that 2 Circle Diameters are Known, e.g., 320mm and 125mm.
Assume a Body is created from the 320mm, in the scenario under discussion, one end face has to be Scaled to achieve the required 125mm Diameter:

Formula:- Small Diameter/Large Diameter = (Result) x 100 [to convert to a %]

125 ÷ 320 = 0.390635 x 100 = 39.0625%

Type in 39.0625% when using Transform > Scale to reduce the appropriate face:

Regarding:

Help is always available on this Forum, from the Team and Members, and there is a wealth of information accessible from the Search facility [Magnifying Glass Icon] at the top right of every page.
S3D welcome Feature Requests.