Add Auto-Updater to the MacOS app!

Would greatly reduce friction for installing new updates.

Hi,

Appstore does exactly that :slight_smile:

Every time I open Shapr3D on my Mac and there’s an update available, the app notifies me and gives me the option to update.

It notifies you that an update is available, but you still have to download the entire 1GB+ .dmg file and go through the installation process again. By auto-update I mean it downloads the update in the background and you just need to relaunch the app to install the update (like Chrome, Spotify, etc.)

Good point. I didn’t realize it was available in the app store as well. Thanks!

1 Like

I never knew the App Store did that, I always find out here about updates and then go to the App Store to update.

If you have automatic updates turned on in the App Store, you get the update automatically sometime over the next 7 days. You can still go to the store page and update immediately if you want.

Hello I am confused about updates too. Cleanmymac shows that there is an update with number 5.351 when running that update or downloading the latest OS version it is still 5.350.
So how can I download that 5.351 version. Now it is moaning a few times a day that there is an update.

Hi,

Simply go to the Appstore page of Shapr3d, and press Update. I’m not familiar with Cleanmymac, so I’m unsure why it keeps bugging you. The latest version for macOS is actually 5.350. 5.351 is only available on iPad, so it might be an issue with Cleanmymac.