Adding feature to ellipse surface

Then I made another plane close to my imported drawing and drew an ellipse to extrude the main shape

A good vector art program can be very useful to create launch point drawing for Shapr. Inkscape is free, I own Corel and Illustrator and have inskape. Corel is my favorite for technical stuff. Illustrator more for artistic stuff. Inkscape is a capable program. All three are amazingly accurate.

This is brilliant mate - thank you very much.
Never thought to export to sharp 3D from another program but you are absolutely right, having another program will compliment 3D. I am going to download Corel.
Do you use any animation for technical illustration? if so, can you recommend any app and/or software.

Thank you again for your time support, i really appreciate your help.
Cheers

Inkscape is free. Try that first. I used to be a master of free for Windows. For drawing splines with fine granularity, especially over photos for reference Corel is best.

I worked for a small electronics co Dinosaur Electronics Home. High quality circuit boards for RV appliances.

I was pretty much their only content creator for 16 years, They haven’t developed much new since I left 6 years ago. All of that (antique) website, several of the circuit boards, much of the instructions most of it done with Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Eagle Cad and Corel. I used Alibre for 3D case design.

Everything from the product photography to test fixture design for products and reverse engineering. From their labeling systems to case design. PCB design. Took care of their PCs and Networks. Chief bottle washer and floor sweeper.

Funny thing is I started as their contractor. I single handedly turned an old church into their office building. Computers were my hobby, they had a server crash. I fixed it. They hired me. 16 years of self training on their time.

60 years old and and here I am. To old to hire and business pretty much tanked because of COVID. So all I have is haunting this place. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m embarrassed by that website. I was working on a complete new Dynamic website to serve up products and all their related documents internally and externally.

Thanks for the tip mate. Sorry to hear that COVID affected you… it is terrible situation and i hope ends soon.

Thank you again for your help