Additional Subscription Plans

Hi all!

I know this has been a topic in the past. I just wanted to follow up on this and see if there are any changes in sight!?

I personally use Shapr3D on my iPad Pro M1 to design parts for 3D Printing. The ease of use is outstanding in a software of this kind! I absolutely love how fast and easy I am able to design complex parts. All without the need to watch 5 hours of tutorials on YouTube (looking at you Fusion 360…).

BUT: I do not use it as much as I would like to. Simply because it is too expensive and I plainly cannot afford it.
I understand that developing this kind of software is no easy task and it is attached to a significant amount of cost.
Yes there is the Basic plan which is free. That’s great! But it’s limitation of low-poly exports is a limitation that most of the time kills it for me. When I design something round, I need it round and not as an octagon or something like that.

I would assume if you offer a subscription specifically for 3D Printing hobbyists, that only offers high-res .STL or .3MF exports, it would really pay back.
I mean if you can afford to offer it for free, why not a subscription with limited but specific functionality?

I hope this will come true at some point because I would really really LOVE to use this software but currently it’s often simply not feasible.

Cheers,
Josh

2 Likes

It’s not for me as I need all the functionality but I fully agree to what you’re asking. With Fusion, and now Solidworks offering a more affordable hobbyist platform, I think it would bring Shapr3D a much larger profit margin through the door. There’s a massive market for it.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I use Fusion 360 for 3D printing and making woodworking designs. I would really love to be able to use Shapr for these activities but the free version is too limited in its functionality and the paid version is way to expensive for the home hobbyist/maker. I think you are missing a huge niche but not offering a free or low cost version for folks to use at home.