Align is useful...when you know how to use it!

Thanks for sharing, and I learned a few things from this.
-Mike

1 Like

Where did you find that because it’s not the link from the Help section here.

On the official Shapr3d youtube channel.

That is a much better video than what they link to in the help section. The Shapr3D team needs to update that link. That guy has the most soothing voice too.

This thread has almost become a tutorial in itself with all the examples and instructions. Wonderful!

I watched the tutorial mentioned by @Xdrakosha with great interest. Several years old, but shows all the possibilities of the align tool. This tutorial is highly recommended if you want to know more about it.

2 Likes

I dunno, I must use the Align tool a thousand times a week, at least? I think it may be my second MOST used tool after the Offset Face tool!

Align is the only way to snap most bodies to center, for instance. It finds corners really well. It’s the best way to rotate a body around an edge. Before Align, I felt extremely limited by Shapr3D and Align eliminated much of the frustration.

As far as Translate, yes, other programs use it better. I think it should be integrated into the Move tool the way SketchUp and a lot of other software does.

Just my 3.6 cents!

2 Likes

Same, I love the Align tool. Its probably my most used tool. I only wish it had a keyboard shortcut like “A”.

2 Likes