Struggling with alignmens

I am having issues with the alignment tools. Coming from solidworks, I can just align and mate surfaces. Yours seems a little different. I am mainly building custom furniture out of 2x2 square tube, so there is a lot of mate and alignments. When I align a surface, it doesn’t seem to lock in place, so when I align a second surface, it moves in totally the wrong direction. It seems frustrating. I really like the software and the rendering abilities, Just not sure what I am missing here. I spend more time moving components around than drawing. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Derick

At the moment Shapr3D does not have the same mating functionality that’s available in Solidworks. However, the Align and Translate tools can be pretty powerful for simpler, static configurations like aligning tubes. And they should not be moving both bodies, just the “source” one. Could you maybe record a short video of when things are going unexpected? It’d help us understand the issue better and figure out what’s going on.