Another place we need better messages

Problem it will solve: not knowing what the program wants me to fix.

A while back i filleted a face of my object. After some mucking about with the object I eventually noticed there was now a warning in the right sidebar.

I understand what it’s getting at, but there are two problems:

1. it says 51 edges, which is true, but misleading, because I’m pretty sure I didn’t select 51 edges. I selected the face. Maybe that’s my bad memory and I really did select all the edges shown in the bottom individually. If so, ignore this. If I’m right though, I’d prefer if it somehow noted that it was actually a face selected not whatever number of edges that ended up effecting.

2. There’s no indication of WHICH VERTEX needs to be addressed. “vertex” is singular, which leaves me unsure if it’s just 1 that’s problematic OR if the message is the same for singular and plural. Given the shape, I’m betting the latter. I EXPECT one of those yellow problem indicator lines I usually see but… there’s nothing.

I’m going to just restart the fillet from scratch, which is annoying because I can’t help but think that maybe there’s some simple thing I could clicking to make it happy without manually selecting 51 edges.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

Highly visible, thick yellow indicator lines or circles that show me where the problem is on the model.

A text error that makes it clear how many things are problematic.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

Fixing whatever error it’s complaining about without redoing everything in the operation from scratch.

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?

Not a blocker. A slowdown. Also provides yet another little frustration.

1 Like