Assemblies with joints

Please follow the format below for requesting a feature.

**The problem that this feature will solve: from using Fusion360 for years, the Joints feature is very powerful for analysing mechanical movement and analysing movement relationships between parts. **

**Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature: an ability to specify different motion relationship types between parts and be able to set limits on the range of motion afforded to it i.e. a rotational movement stopping when a collision is detected. **

*Eg. "this feature should allow me to analyse the design and make adjustments accordingly. I am currently designing a watch case and strap but I need to be able to analyse the movement limits of each segment of the strap to check that it will be able to wrap around a wrist. See images for illustration of the design.

At the moment to be able to properly analyse this prior to CAM I will need to import the parts into Fusion360.

*Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down? No not at all. I love using Shapr3D, it’s by far the most user friendly CAD software I’ve used. *

7 Likes

+1
REally hope this will be “The next big thing” the Shapr3D team will attach, now HBPM is in it’s final sprint…

Yes absolutely I wonder when it will be no longer Beta.

From what I read, it sound like any day now. Status request

But probably don’t mean HBPM is fully done. (just my own guess)