Backup model after latest HBPM update

Not sure I understand the thinking around the “backup_autogenerated” model after the latest HBPM update. And I did notice there were a lot of model errors that showed up in the history tree after the latest update just wondering if this is something that is normal because before the update everything was perfect.

Thank you

Hi,

You can find the answers in the release notes:

Well the latest update on the HBPM really messed up the design that I did on it as a test to of its capabilities it blew up my model with 91 feature errors that were fine before the update. I guess it is not a good idea to do a design that may become final due to issues like mine happening with the updates. And I do realize that Shapr3D HBPM is still in Beta and I do accept there will be issues but I did not except that many. I will just have to work thru them.

Thank you

Our apologies – we try to minimize such problems but sometimes they’re inevitable. It will definitely not happen in the stable release, but we are laying the foundations for maintaining backwards compatibility as we speak. One of the reasons for the slight delay in the update for the new beta was specifically this – we wanted to group more disruptive things into a single release to avoid forcing our users to fix their designs multiple times.

One tip tough: try to fix the warnings starting from the first one. It’s very likely that there are not actually 91 independent errors, rather just a few that then cascade down and which will disappear if you fix the original issue.

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing the one thing that would help step thru the fixes is if I could somehow load the previous version of HBPM and the previous saved model before the update and look at the exact failures on the new model vs the old model because on the new model failures I cannot really tell what the failed issues are because some of the entities may have disappeared. This failure is something I did expect might happen but I really did not expect so many failures especially with fillet failures. Let me know what you think.

Thank you for your help.

It will not happen with the final version. During the beta period we must make major changes in certain parts of the software architecture to guarantee that we’ll be able to avoid this later. Also fixing the errors in the final version will be significantly easier. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Istvan I did notice something very strange it look like the reason a lot of my extrusions failed is because the sketch that was created to make that extrusion has completely disappeared which was there in the previous version. And would you comment on the question:

If I could somehow load the previous version of HBPM and the previous saved model before the update and look at the exact failures on the new model vs the old model because on the new model failures I cannot really tell what the failed issues are because some of the entities may have disappeared.

Thank you