Battery draining possibly related to the new beta

Pls battery drains off more than regular days before installing the new beta. Would you pls look back at the code if there is an issue regarding that?!

Most of my work these days are with Shapr3D and just after installing the new beta the battery drains off very soon as shown below.
image image

do you remember for how many hours could you use Shapr before? we haven’t noticed any difference yet but we’ll look into it. in the meantime please make sure to use the latest non-beta version (3.5.5)

1 Like

Yes, I used to work with iPad from 9AM to 6PM listening to music with 70% volume at my office, at least 5 hours of working with Shapr3D, and the rest with Safari, Pages and other apps and after backing home, at night about 10 PM it was going to have low battery condition that’s my routine to charge during night while sleeping and use iPad all day. But surprisingly this changed after installing the new beta for example today after charging last night, it answered just for 5 hours from 97% of charge to 9!!! Without listening to music at all to test if that works but not!
Btw, thanks for the notification of the new official release, didn’t know that.

Thanks I don’t know whether or not it might relate to the LTE internet usage instead of the Wi-Fi. But it was not a problem previously. Though I have been using the LTE approximately at the same time after installing the new beta.

I recently went airplane camping to a semi-remote campground.

Well it was not that remote as it had showers and one electric outlet (but no WiFi) where everyone charged their devices. I noticed that the battery level for my iPhone fell off incredibly quickly. Someone smarter than I explained that the phone was seeking/bouncing off of distant LTE towers looking for a stronger signal.

Would suspect this…

Best,

Tommy

1 Like

Yes, but had not issues before!

Your LTE provider may have recently added a new site that is ‘helping’ with the situation.

Best,

Tommy

1 Like

Thanks @tommyn and @roboticshobbyist, useful clues. Will try turning off the cellular.

Best