Can’t make simple rectangle on diagonal grid

I’m trying to make a simple rectangle parallel to my object and it’s not letting me. I can’t pivot it, I can’t run it along my object, I mean wtf? It only wants to go with the damn grid that literally has nothing to do with my design! I’ve been trying to figure this out for two days and have no idea how to even ask the question. I can’t be the only one who can’t figure this out. Pulling my hair out

@cherryicee, I’m not sure how you got to this view, so that might be part of the problem. Could you possibly upload a picture of the entire screen? I see that you have some sort of extruded “box” to the right, then a rectangular plane at the bottom (is this extruded into a 3D object?), then you have a grid that doesn’t quite look normal. It almost looks like you created the objects we can see on the regular grid, then got into another view, which put another grid that’s diagonal.

Let me see if this is what you’re trying to do. Are you saying that you want a second rectangle, like the other one below it, above it?

It won’t let me upload the video, but you can Exit Sketching at the top, then use your pencil to tap the lines and plane that you’d like to copy. Switch to Move/Rotate, tap the Copy button, then drag the arrow corresponding to the direction you’d like to go.

This is an example that shows what I think you did. I created this box, then when you double-tap on the top surface and rotate the view, there is a distinctly different grid that corresponds with top of the box. You might have double-tapped a diagonal surface somewhere in your model?

If you’d like to PM me, I’d be happy to give you my contact info.

Can you sketch your rectangle directly on the face/surface of the body and then use the move tool on it? I often sketch right on faces.

Another thing to try is the 3 Points Rectangle.

That’s what I’m trying to do. The original shape is a hexagon. After making that a 3D object I’m trying to make a rectangle on top of that shapes surface but it is only letting me make a rectangle that lines up with that floor grid. I cannot find a way around it. On that particular side of the hexagon it’s diagonal to the floor grid, but it won’t allow any square shape to be made that doesn’t line up with floor grid.

Still didn’t work

But see you made a rectangle that lines up with the floor grid. That’s my problem… The original shape is a hexagon. After making that a 3D object I’m trying to make a rectangle on top of that shapes surface but it is only letting me make a rectangle that lines up with that floor grid which doesn’t line up with that side of the hexagon as you could see in the previous photos… I cannot find a way around it. No matter what I do or click it will ONLY let me make a rectangle that lines up with floor grid.

All I did was zoom into object, click sketch, click rectangle, and attempt to draw on surface. That’s it.

After selecting the rectangle sketch, click on Disconnect. See if that works.

Imagine if you could temporarily reorient the origin space/ grid centered to the face or tangent to the curved face you are working on, even rotate the grid to suit for that local area you are working on. And before you say “add a plane” it doesn’t quite do that and it should.

Nope doesn’t work because I have to place the rectangle before clicking disconnect, by then it’s already in the wrong position. No matter what i do it only wants the rectangle shape to align with the grid.

All I should do is just ‘tap drag let go’ a viola I have a rectangle in the direction I want it. It only wants to align itself on this dumb grid. It’s extremely frustrating. I don’t recall having this issue when I had a subscription last year. No answers here have helped either