Can’t share stl’s to drive

Hello hive mind.
B
I’ve been uploading stl’s from shapr to my google drive for most of the time I’ve been on here. Noticed that I can no longer do such a thing. If I dl as a 3mf it’s no problem. Thought that might be a file size issue. But even if I try to dl as a low quality stl, still no joy.
This is not a big deal of course, just prefer stl’s. Is there some reason for this change? Would love to know a work around if anyone else has found this same issue.

Cheers!

Hello! Do you have an error message when trying to upload, or is the Drive option greyed out?
Drive regularly refuses to upload the files if a new folder was created for the file in the same export flow, like:

1. Select sharing to Drive
  2. Create a new folder for the file
  3. Open the folder
  4. Hit upload

In this case, the upload will fail. Technically we cannot do much about that as with sharing, the Drive app is called and we pass the file to it.

In the meantime, please try to switch to 3mf. The STL format is quite an old one, it tends to have a lot of issues. I would recommend using 3mf as often as you can, most slicers already support the format.

Thanks for your reply!
I agree, 3mf is the modern way to go. I just find sometimes it doesn’t transfer as well to other programs in 3mf. But I already know you’re going to recommend a diff format for that anyhow! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Not a biggie, as you’re right, was just curious if anything changed. I’ll look into what you said.
Thank you.