Can this shape be created using Shapr3d?

Guys, I’m a new here. I would like to ask for advice on this model such as and created through shapr3d. This is similar to a base, where the upper surface cross section has a curved shape similar to a parabolic shape with a protruding centre. And the upper surface has a concave pattern that follows the extension of the arc, and the projection of the pattern on the upper surface is a combination of different arcs to form the shape. I don’t know if my formulation correctly describes the transformation type, but I’ve tried my best. My confusion is how to add this concave pattern to the upper surface. It can’t be done using swipe and release.

I stopped at the progress shown in the second picture

can you post another image of the original body from another angle? showing the top view only makes it hard to understand what you’d like to achieve.

I don’t have any pictures from other angles, but I drew a couple of schematics and wondered if they would help understanding.

You can make the big disc with the rotate tool. Then project lines onto it. Use these lines as a guide to make bodies with the loft tool . Then subtract the lofted body.

1 Like

2 Likes

@JST. Good solution :+1: