Cannot add construction plane at angle to edge 5.520 beta

Cannot add construction plane at angle to edge 5.520 beta. After selecting edge, hit Next, then no control to specify the angle.

Works as expected in production 5.511

Same here v5.520 on iPad Pro.
I was able to make it work by selecting an adjacent face along with the intended edge.
Indeed, a quirk.

Trying to upload a short video but it stays in a 100% loading loop. Attempting to upload separately.

Thanks Mike! I wanted to make sure this new bug made it to Shapr3d’s near term backlog. Your workaround is pretty interesting… selecting an edge and a face! (I gotta think more outside the box! :rofl:) Your talent and videos are expert and succinct. Thanks again!

You’re welcome. BTW, it was a happy accident finding that it works when you select a face AFTER trying the edge first. Hopefully this will aid the S3D tech’s to figure things out.
-Mike

To be able to specify an angle, you need a base plane – a single edge (or sketch line) does not define it by itself. This is why selecting a face solves this: that gives you a plane to measure the angle to.

If you only select an edge, the “wizard” asks you to select a plane to measure the edge to. It can be a face that connects to that edge or a world plane (for which the visuals appear near the origin). We previously set up a default plane for this using some heuristics but that makes it more difficult to set the relations up precisely which becomes a lot more important in parametric workflows.

Does this explanation make sense?

1 Like

Thanks, Peter
This makes sense. I did not notice the wizard.

Agree with @Bob3DPO. Makes total sense. I didn’t notice the dialog in the wizard. Interesting how it works when you select a certain edged but with a different associated plane. Either way you get a 45° angle plane which can be changed prior to selecting Done.

The wizard in 5.520.0.6147 looks great, thanks!

Sometimes better to chose the “paralell to face”option, but would be welcome in this opotion also the possibiliti the setting the angle before the ok. In this case no need the trasform tool to change the angle.