HI all. New user of Shape3D here, and I’m getting stuck on how to approach modeling shapes that are derived from curves. So, for example, I’m trying to model an electric guitar, and my workflow goes like this:
- I start by drawing the shape of the guitar body with splines.
- Then I extrude the shape into the body.
- Then create all the necessary features of the body by modeling directly on it, such as:
- creating cavities for pickups,
- creating a neck pocket
- creating wiring cavities
- holes for switches and knobs
- creating belly-cuts and arm bevels
- cuts for body binding
- etc, etc… You get the idea
But now I want to change the shape of the body. I’m stuck. Do I really have to go back and do all that work over again each time I want to make a change to the shape of the body?
Thanks for your advise.