Cant use sweep to subtract material

Please follow the format below for requesting a feature.

The problem that this feature will solve:

Using the sweep command to subtract a shape along a path from an existing body will allow more complex shapes to be formed and make the sweep tool more diverse. This is a feature I have used with many other CAD software.

Consider adding screenshots and as many details as possible, to help the Shapr3D team and the community understand why you need this feature. Describing your workflow helps us building the right feature.

This feature will allow users to create models of boats, cars etc instead of basic forms.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

To allow the sweep command to be used in a subtracting format as well as an adding format.

Eg. “this feature should allow me to edit and create constrained assemblies with 100 000+ parts” or “using this feature I should be able to create G2 continuous lofts and manipulate the shape real time” or “with this feature I want to be able to quickly find a part in my designs by searching for its name”.
Understanding the outcomes that you expect from this feature helps us more than describing an actual implementation of the feature that you’d expect.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

I am unable to create complex forms without this feature. Currently modelling a boat and this feature would help a lot, along with curved fillets (only chamfer available) which make models less blocky.

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?

Yes this is slowing down my work and making me consider alternative software.

I might misunderstand your post, but you can use the boolean subtract tool on filleted bodies. Can you elaborate please?

1 Like

Again…https://www.youtube.com/@Shapr3d

1 Like

This can work with basic shapes using the subtract tool but not as useable as using the sweep command to subtract from more complex/ multiple bodies at one time. It creates unwanted add ons in between the bodies which I am subtracting from.

There would be no difference between having a subtract option in sweep, and subtracting a swept body. The end results would be the same.

Image of the shape being subtracted

Hi Istvan, I can see where you are coming from but as shown in the below photo, I am unable to click done :white_check_mark: for the subtraction I want to achieve using the subtract command. If I was able to subtract the shape using the sweep command, this would work perfectly without the need to use another command and without the need to select all intersecting bodies. With a complex subtraction like this, I am unable to achieve it using the subtract command.