Change Part Length & Associated Holes The Same Amount

I completed a part that I need to make a change to. This part has a vertical side and a horizontal side like the letter “L”. I need to extend the vertical side of this part, but, this vertical side has holes in it. When I change the vertical length to make it longer, I also need the holes in this side of the part to move the same amount in the same direction. Is this possible? Is it possible to do it all at once? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 Likes

@TigerMike Thanks for the reply. What if you had 2 round holes that didn’t go all the way through the vertical side and a square hole that does go all the way through the vertical side? How would you extend the vertical side and extend the 3 features the same amount? I can’t seem to get my drawing to do this. I’m likely missing something.

1 Like

Actually, you do not have to select the inner circle face, just the diameter. Make sure you use the Move-Rotate tool.

1 Like

@TigerMike I apologize for not getting back sooner as the system didn’t notify me via email that you responded. The below is what I’m working with. I have two round holes that do not go all of the way through the vertical side and I have a square hole that does go all of the way through the vertical side. This is what I tried… I selected the wall of the first round hole and it turns blue in color, I then held the shift key and selected the wall of the second round hole and it turns blue in color, I then held the shift key and selected the top and bottom of the square hole which turns blue in color - all items I’ve selected are blue in color now. When I try to select the top center of the rounded top, to drag it upwards, it doesn’t work correctly.

Capture

You also have to select the corresponding fillets as well. And, you don’t have to move all at once as long as you know the amount you wish to move for each.

I retract what I said about the fillets. No need to select them. Make sure you use the Move-Rotate tool.

1 Like

@TigerMike It worked this time. Thank you for taking the time out to help. I appreciate it. Happy holidays!

Most welcome.