Convert line to spline; convert Fit line to Control; Convert Control line to Fit

The problem that this feature will solve:
Converting lines to splines and fit lines to control lines ( and vice verse) will greatly increase sketch drawing ease at the artistic level, reduce frustration and save time. Since Shapr relies on sketching I think this is important to you.

Consider adding screenshots and as many details as possible, to help the Shapr3D team and the community understand why you need this feature. Describing your workflow helps us building the right feature.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

Easier to create flowing detailed sketches, embossed patterns etc.

Eg. “this feature should allow me to edit and create constrained assemblies with 100 000+ parts” or “using this feature I should be able to create G2 continuous lofts and manipulate the shape real time” or “with this feature I want to be able to quickly find a part in my designs by searching for its name”.
Understanding the outcomes that you expect from this feature helps us more than describing an actual implementation of the feature that you’d expect.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?

Vector drawing was a large part of my work for 16 years. I am “pretty good” at it. Drawing in vector/splines with shapr is like painting fine detail with oven mitts on. This is slowing me down in real world design application.

1 Like