Could we have a options for screen capture resolution?

when I do a screen capture .I founded capture the picture is on a low resolution. Not enough for show to customer.

3 Likes

Hi @Gene , the resolution of the screenshot is the resolution of the screen. If you open the same design on a Mac with a large screen for example, you’ll get higher resolution images. What would be a good enough resolution for you?

1 Like

Yep !but I still hope I can control the screenshot resolution. Like have 8K resolution out put. But otherwise I can use other software do that same.

1 Like

+1 for this feature, I love your software. But Im currently in our local printshop and baffled that i cant export a billboard size photo of a render.

1 Like

That’s causing me second thoughts as well. I can model in ZBrush and export an image at my own chosen dimensions. Same with Keyshot.
Shapr limits my exported images to scree resolution, which is a shame really :frowning:

1 Like

We didn’t really design Visualization for creating print ready images or to directly compete with ray traced renderers, so it’s a bit surprising to hear this (in a good way of course). Can you guys tell us about these use cases a bit more? Why do you want to print it and how would you use the prints?

Thanks for replying Istvan.

I was a Press photographer for many years and am a member of a photography club, which like all similar clubs have widened their activities to include digital photography and editing, and CG work.
All of us have portfolios and make large prints, A3 being an average size especially for competitions. iPad screen resolution loses a lot of critical detail at A3, it isn’t good enough.

1 Like