High Resolution .PNG export

Hi, I’m wondering if there is an high resolution PNG export option.

The normal “screenshot .png”-export option it offers has low DPI. How do I increase the resolution of the screenshot. Or is there an alternative for high-res export.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for reaching out. The app screenshot export option should be better and gives you more options. The other option will be to use the iPad screenshot feature. You can give this a try to see if it works for you.

2 Likes

But is there a possibility for a high resolution export? I really need that:)

Hi, thanks for the feedback. We haven’t received many similar feedback. I will pass on your feedback to our product team and hopefully there will be a higher resolution export option available sometime in the future. Thank you for your understanding :slight_smile:

Same require here. I also need high resolution output, for example, in vector image format (.emf or others) or at least allows us to change the image resolution we want.

Do we have any follow up solution to this problem? Really need it ;( Thanks!

Hi, no, currently we don’t. What would be your use case? You can export to USDZ and render your design in any other rendering software as a workaround.

1 Like

Would really appreciate this feature. People who make webtoons/comics, game background art, or other art use 3D modelling apps like this to make our backgrounds. We just export a png file and add effects on it in an app like photoshop. It would be inconvenient to export the 3D model to another app since I like the built in rendering.

3 Likes

Here’s my use case which I believe illustrates the need pretty well. I am designing a product in Shapr3d and in PhotoShop I am designing what will be printed on a flat portion of that product. My PhotoShop file is 300ppi, as that is a standard for high resolution printing. That PhotoShop file’s depiction of the Shapr3d product is brought in (and often updated when the product has changed) via Shaper3d’s image export feature. The Shapr3d export feature does not allow me to specify 300ppi though. Instead I believe it defaults to 72ppi which makes sense as a default because it is the norm for computer/web based graphics. The result however is rough though, specifically because when I bring the 72ppi export of the product image into my 300ppi print-graphics image the product image is predictably way to small (72/300 of the size it should be in context). Enlarging the 72ppi image within PhotoShop of course results in a very fuzy product image. If instead I could export from Shapr3d in 300ppi then the export would land in my PhotoShop file in a “crisp” non-fuzzy resolution and true to size (300/300).

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they know the output of video/image screen capture is complete garbage. They don’t need a use case to know this. What they should do is at minimum, improve it, and ideally let you choose a resolution. It would be appreciated if they informed us subscribers how they actually take better quality video for their YouTube product demos. Those look acceptable while ours look like garbage. I am for one, attempting to include these screen captures in a design course I am producing, but the output is embarrassingly bad and cheap looking. I can screen record every other app in very high quality but not on Shapr3D? Really?

We use the built in screen recording feature on macOS and iPad. Happy to help if you provide more information on what problem you are experiencing.

Also, please keep the conversation polite and constructive.

3 Likes

I apologize for the frustration I’ve shown. But honestly, I screen record Adobe Illustrator clips every day and they look sharp. SketchUp, dito. Yet, screen recording this app results in very poor resolution. None of the YouTube videos on this app look like this. So what is the secret?

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue?

Everything looks like a low resolution cartoon

Can you also post a full screenshot? Is this the result of the system screenshot or Shapr3D’s built in image export?

This is from the Shapr3D screen capture. If you zoom in just slightly you will be able to see this. However, given that the only method we seem to have to record video clips to showcase the design process, is the iOS screen recording, which is QuickTime based. As mentioned before, I am able to screen record at much better output quality on just about every other app. Looking at the high quality video on your YouTube channel, I have to conclude that somehow this is possible to achieve. That’s really all I am after because I can’t include these low quality resolution clips into a high resolution, or quality presentation. Does Shapr3D use something else to record YouTube tutorial videos?

We are using QuickTime on Mac and the built in screen recording feature on iOS. Can you share a regular system screenshot as a comparison? Cmd+shift+3 or cmd+shift+4

I’m running this on an iPad Pro 12.9”. Latest model. Should I try this again on my MBP 13”?

It might lead to different results. On the iPad can you also try the system default screenshot?

Oh the system default screenshot is more sinful I am afraid. Well, if I get better results on the Mac then mission accomplished. I will surely miss my Apple Pencil <💔 I die a little inside>

1 Like