Creating dimensions in 3D model

What’s the best way to add dimensions to a 3D model? I need to do this to supply the model to a manufacturer to get a quote for making them. I have tried to add them just by adding new lines but there seen to be quite a few primitives missing that i would need, e. g. dashed lines, arrow heads. How do i do this?

Thank you - Rowan

Hello @rowan.bradley,
Placing dimensions is not available in the modeling space but with the Drawing tool, you can create a technical drawing of the bodies anytime. Could that be a solution?

1 Like

I’m afraid this is no good for me, because I’m using the Basic package. The price of the Pro verion is beyond what I can justify as a DIYer with just the occasional simple design to do. That’s why I was trying to make do by adding lines, but without dashed lines, arrow heads and text, it is more or less out of reach.

Thank you - Rowan

I just bought the APP and I noticed that I can’t add tolerances in the 2D drawings, I also noticed that this issue was discussed with the supplier more than 1 year ago, does anyone know when this will be resolved?

We had to pause Drawings for a few months, but now it’s back on track, and tolerances are the next item on our Drawings roadmap.

1 Like

Thanks Istvan, I loved the APP but these adds are really necessary to my job.

1 Like

I completely understand it. The good news is that now it is prioritized and coming very soon.

2 Likes

I’m using tolerances in my drawings now and I realized when I define one decimal after comma, and print the drawing as .pdf file the tolerance appears on the drawing with 8 numbers after comma. I think this needs your attention and correction.
Regards

Hi jorgemanuel! Thank you for pointing this out, we’ve found the issue. Fix is on the way.

1 Like