iPad - 4.0 - 2D drawings are finally here!

Hi everyone!

It goes without saying that we like to make modeling and visualization fluid and straightforward, but now it’s time to make production and manufacturing easier. So here’s the latest scoop… 2D drawings :partying_face:

But before we dive into the nuts and bolts of 2D drawings, please note that this feature is only available to users who are PRO users—or Shapr3D for Business users. For more details about our refreshed pricing model, head on over to our Manual.

When you finish designing and perfecting your 3D model, you can create precise and useful technical drawings that seamlessly bring your products from conception to production.

You can create a drawing easily in our app, using any of these methods:

Then, you can set up your drawing preferences, including sheet size (following ISO or ANSI standards), orientation, and scale. These settings and drawing units are editable anytime.

Once you set up the basic sheet for a component, you can:

When you’re ready to share or print your 2D drawing, click Export again and specify the format: DWG, DXF, or PDF.

This is just the beginning. Soon, we’ll release more advanced features, including extended views, geometries, etc., so stand by for more updates!

16 Likes

Yes !! That’s what I was talking about.

4 Likes

Wow just saw this and spent a quick 5 minutes with it before work. Very cool can’t wait to play with it a lot more tonight.

7 Likes

Hi, I have a pro user account but not seeing the new 2D technical drawing feature as yet, do I need to update or something?

Thanks

Hi! Yep, you’ll get the new feature when you install the update :slight_smile:

1 Like

The restore subscription setting doesn’t appear to be working, can you help?

Go to the App store and Select Shapr3D. It may say Open. Don’t. Select Shapr3D as if you were looking into the app. Once there you will see the Update button.
-Mike

4 Likes

By Jove that has don the trick, thank you very much :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Sharp3D

I checked it out quickly
looks good to start with: =)

Yellow:
We absolutely need a snapper that automatically centers the numbers in the middle of the lines.
This is very tedious manually.

Red:
I cannot dimension 3D views, for example this radius.
I cannot activate any hidden edges in the 3D views.

regards
Pascal

3 Likes

Hello i live in sweden but cant se any update on appstore

1 Like

The solution is two posts up, from TigerMike.

1 Like

Activate hidden edges on an entire view, so far so good: =)
But I guess dimensioning on a 3D view doesn’t work (yet)?

1 Like

no, but it is on the roadmap :wink:

Updated in Appstore. Did not get drawings in Export

Hello Kai,

The drawings module is in 4.0.0.

Make sure you go to the Product Page on the App Store. As @TigerMike explains above: 4.0 - 2D drawings are finally here! And new pricing - #7 by TigerMike

1 Like

Oh! Thanks.

Thanks so much for adding drawings. It’s a great start. This is the push I needed to purchase pro (before today so I saved some $$). I see you plan to add features. At this time can you customize the title block? Or is that a feature that will be added soon?

Where can I find the official roadmap?

Thank you

There is no public roadmap, also no ETA for this feature. Section view, detail view, auxiliary views, geometries also coming soon.

I wondered about the title block as well. Found that you change it in the drawing preferences dialog box, right after you “select bodies”. Early in the process. EDIT: Or name the body in folders before exporting.