Cute Sc-fi Vehicle

Loosely based on a cartoon drawing I seen ages ago, but can’t remember where. Credit to whoever it was. I think it was a teddy bear wearing goggles piloting the egg shaped machine.

I’ve just started on it today and should have it finished soon.

6 Likes

Got the bench seat and trim pieces started.

1 Like

Dash panel blocked out.

Steering wheel and horn.

1 Like

Overall, nice!
Steering wheel? Why not a joystick…with a heads-up display(?) :sunglasses:
(something like the display on Lonergan’s wrist from Cowboys & Aliens)

2 Likes

Thanks Mike. I’m working from what I can remember from the artists drawing (wish I could find it again), and I’m sure it was a steering wheel of sorts. I’m having fun anyway, making it up as I go.
I’ll wrap up for today as it’s Saturday evening and time to go out :grinning:

Great that you’re having fun. That’s what it’s all about.
(I couldn’t help myself throwing in my 2 cents worth.)

1 Like

That’s cool Mike. Your two cents worth is always worth its weight in gold :+1:

I made some switchgear on the steering column, a floor with brake and accelerator pedals and a boot lid with hinges and handle/lock.
Also made the windshield similar to the way I remember it from the drawing. But I don’t really like it (I think some things look better in cartoon drawings than they do when modelled) and will probably redo that item completely different to what you see here.

I ended up scrapping that bubble windshield and making one more to my liking. Added a garnish and rubber seal outside it, and a wiper arm assembly. The wiper parts took longest to do.

I rounded the windshield corners. Always changing my mind :roll_eyes:

Looks nice!

How did you do the panel breaks for the main shape? Projection?

Cheers!

Thanks Hraf. I use Subtract instead of Projections, just to get more practice with it.

I’m not finished this yet, still have the dashboard items to do. I thought I’d play with Visualisations on the vehicle in the meantime.

3 Likes

One last tweak before bed. That big wasted area on the floor in front of the pedals, I’ve made a cubby/storage of it.

3 Likes

I’d love to add blur to this project but I’m finding the new DOF won’t work with it, even in the default environment. I have perspective fully off and wide open aperture which should give loads of blur, but still none.

Have you set the focus point, and using the latest app version (5.220)?

1 Like

Hi Laci. Yes I’ve tried it on the latest version and DOF still won’t work. It’s not a big deal really as I’m just doing hobby stuff and improving my skills.

3 Likes

I added some detail to the speedometer and dash.

2 Likes

There is no DoF in Orthogonal view, that is the issue here.

1 Like

Thanks Laci, I’d forgotten about that, again. :roll_eyes:
It’s working now.

4 Likes