Default View?

I am confused with the default view, the grid and the X,Y,Z axis don’t seem to stay solid. I am used to have a ground-plane, and then we have the axis.

For some reason, it looks like this is always changing when I use it.
I am pretty sure its a user error, cause I just installed it and went through the first basic tutorials.

But not matter what I do, I can’t have a ground plane on the bottom, and then the axis around them.

I am in Front view, the ground plane should be on the bottom. Instead, it’s on the left and everything seems to be rotated.

How can I make sure that behaves like in any other 3d software, like 3dsmax, Blender, Maya, etc.

Thank you so much for any little help,
appreciate it!

In the situation shown on this screenshot, you are in sketch mode, editing or creating a sketch. In that situation the grid always shows the plane of the sketch. If you exit sketch mode (by clicking “exit sketching” or hitting Esc), the grid gets reset to the default position. In the default view (accessible by double-clicking the orientation cube in the upper right corner or via Ctrl + 1), the grid is indeed on the X-Y plane by default. It is only moved if you enter sketch mode or select one of the specific ortographic views (Top/Right/Left etc.) using the cube or keyboard shortcuts.