Designs modified on iPad won’t work on PC due to compatibility issue

Recently updated iPad app and worked on a design. However, when I opened it on my windows PC it gave me an error that said the design was incompatible due to a newer version on the iPad. So any design that is opened on my iPad it then becomes unusable on the windows PC when synced. Is there a Windows PC update coming soon for the app? Today’s date February 1, 2023.

Hi,

5.300 is also available for Windows.
If you are using the Microsoft Store, go to the Library page, and press the Get updates button, then Update all. It should force the store to update Shapr3D too.

2 Likes

How long does it normally take for the updates to go thru the Microsoft store because I just did my updates and it did not update the Shapr3D in the Microsoft store library. Any suggestions

Thank you

It rolls out over a week. Manually you should be able to update anytime following the above mentioned process.

Alternatively, you can use the installer downloaded from our website (but before you can, you have to remove the MS Store version of the app, 2 cannot be installed at the same time), where you get the updates immediately after they are released, and you restart the app.

1 Like

If I uninstall the MS Store version of the Shapr3d app will this also delete the designs that I have synced between my ipad and windows laptop.

Thank you

Thank you, that was the fix!!! Cheers

No, synced designs remain in the cloud, so when you install the new app, it will download them. One of the major advantages of Sync.

2 Likes

Laci_K can you respond to my question about if I uninstall the Microsoft store Shapr3d app from my windows laptop will my Designs also be deleted even if I have them synced with my ipad

Thank you fo the answer

I just did above.

1 Like

Thank you Laci, I checked some of the responses yesterday but did not see yours.

Thanks again

1 Like

Laci can you tell me if the latest Windows Shapr3d version has be pushed out to the Microsoft Store yet because i updated #hspr3d for the ipad and then went to the Windows version now one of my designs says it is incompatible version again, let me know

Thank you

1 Like

It’s out already. Did you update your windows app too? What is the current iPad version you are running?

I am using the latest version on the ipad which i think is 5340 but when i go to see if there is a update windows version on the Microsoft store it show only version 5.332.4927.which it the windows version that i am currently using, any thoughts. this seems to be a issue that comes up when bringing a design up on a newer version on the ipad and then going to the windows version that has not been updated yet my design has issues opening.

Thank you

Yes, that is the issue. Older versions aren’t always compatible with newer ones. Did you go to Library, and ran check for updates? As mentioned in the post on Febr 1.

Yes I just did that but Shapr3d for windows did not show any new updates it is still showing as version 5.332.4927, I guess what I can do is what I had to do before and uninstall Shapr3d for windows and reinstall it the problem with that is that it takes a while to re-sync all my designs.

Thank you

It shouldn’t happen, and nobody else reported issues like it.

But if you keep having this issue, I suggest quitting the beta program, and simply using the production app.

how do i go about quitting the beta program and when using the production App will both the ipad and windows versions always be up to date with the latest released versions.

Thank you

You always have to update them individually on the different platforms, since the stores make updates available at different times.

For quitting Beta, please contact our support team at support@shapr3d.com and let them know your AppleID and Microsoft account you use at the Microsoft store.

Laci can you tell me what the Shapr3d Windows latest version is because i just reinstalled it and it from Microsoft store it shows as 5.332.4927.0 version but the design that had issues it is still saying one of my designs that i worked on my ipad which is at 5.340.0.4939 is a incompatible design.

Thank you

The latest beta version is 5.340.4939.0 for Windows.

But again, at this point I suggest contacting support, it’s really not the place to have long chats about specific problems. To dig deeper into the problem, we do need the specific IDs I mentioned.