Determining which layer for new sketches

Newbie here, this is about layer management. I am trying to organize folders, sketches and objects so that certain sketches are in the folders for that object.

The problem I am running into is I am creating a new sketch, and it is automatically being grouped with other sketches. Basically I want each new sketch to be it’s own independent thing. I’m not sure if this is necessary but it seems to organize things properly.

In this case, creating a new sketch seems to be randomly lumped into a particular folder with 20 other sketches and it’s driving me insane.

So if I am creating a new sketch (really a 2d shape) how can I make it create on it’s own independent layer?

Thank you

4 Likes

I have the same question as well. Vaguely, when I first open this application I remember there being a way to do it between having objects highlighted, lines highlighted, folders highlighted, and clicking the create folder button in a certain sequence but I cannot remember specifically how to do it.

When you create a new sketch on the same plane as others, they all appear/ are grouped together. Not much you can do, and hopefully the team looks into this.