Draft Angle Angle Analysis - Mold Design

Hello,

Is there a Draft Angle Analysis function to determine parting line for a part and analysis and correction of undercuts.
This feature is very important as most parts are molded and must be designed/reviewed for manufacturability I know that the software can create them, but does it analyze/measure them?
Also it would be nice to see a wall thickness analysis, also a very important feature for manufacturability.

Thanks!!

Hi @joseamurra, welcome to the forum!
I see your point, these are essential features when preparing your design for manufacturing. We are currently focusing on modeling and documentation features, but those you mentioned cannot be skipped in the future.

2 Likes

Iā€™m also looking for this feature, analysis of release/draft angles, and the possibility to split a surface according to the resulting splitline due to angle relative a vector. Preferably vector is defined by something that allows for altering the pull-direction on the fly, to help find a mould solution for curvy stuff, by looking at how the split-line moves around while changing the direction.

Also, I would love to be able to define a boundary for side/cores, so that I can show customers a set of alternative ways a part can be removed from the mould, and how this affects the texturing and such. This functionality (visualizing multiple draft directions simultaneously and interactive) is missing in all CAD apps that I have used so far!

Lets make these new M1ā€™s work really hard for our prosperity :slight_smile:

1 Like