Drag and drop on Export

· When you export a file and it says “export with drag and drop” what does that mean? Drag and drop from where to where?
IMG_2434

Anne,

I recently asked the same question. Usually the forum software will direct you there… Will look for it…

Best,

Tommy

Istvan recently contributed this:

Most people just don’t know about the system wide dnd feature in iOS, but it’s very useful :slight_smile:
https://developer.apple.com/ios/drag-and-drop/

Best,

Tommy

3 Likes

Thanks for the helpful response. I still don’t know what to drag from Shapr3D. Dragging a file from the “Design” screen doesn’t seem to work for me. Can you offer more specific instructions?
Thanks

Neither do I! Sorry can’t help further… I suspect that this is a system wide iOS message.

We need some kind person from the Shapr team explain the possibilities re Shapr3D.

Best,

Tommy

It’s super easy! I hope you find this vid useful; I drag the file from Shapr3D (touch and hold the finger) and drop it into the Files app

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s the clue I needed, though by the time you get to the drag ‘n drop stage you’re about done saving anyway, so not sure it saves steps, but it’s more fun.

-Anne

1 Like

It can be really useful if you are using split screen multitasking for example :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! Yes I rarely (maybe at no time!) use dnd when using Shapr3D. It’s not so useful. It’d be nice if we had dnd to import for Shapr3D as I suggested earlier. Here is the link: 3.7 beta is out on Testflight for Beta testers
But I use dnd very regularly for other tasks and apps like Pages and then emailing, gallery, etc, it’s very handy.

1 Like