Draw a line and extrude it

…to a “wall” is disabled ?

//R

No, it is not available in 3.0.

Can you attach a screenshot of what did you use it for. Did you create walls, or used it as a plane?

To bad…
I used it a lot for example split up objects or cut off things and use mirror tool, and as a plane also.
And also create simple objects (draw a line for example 100mm, extrude it 100, then extrude it again on the side 100, there you have made a cub in just three moves… all angels are 90 degrees

//R

imageimage

You can get the same results with using construction planes now. Also, mirror now works on faces too, so there’s no need to create a mirror plane like there was before.

There are pros and cons. It does take a few more steps to get some things done but in other cases it takes less.

For cubes we will be releasing a “body library” in the next bigger release, so there will be no need for the workarounds, and you will be able to create a cube in one step :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is a very good example why an extruded line would be easier and simpler, 3:20min

Yes, that’s the “creating the cubes” use case. It was easier in the past. The “body library” we are working on will be a solution for this.

Since it was mentioned above at some point: how could I split an object into to two by using a constraction plane, e.g. like in the original example to cut the unnecessary parts off from the pipe for the heart before doing the mirror?

yes, could we have a cut feature. Like cutting an object into 2 or more.

Hi-

Please use the subtract tool for this. Either through Tools or create a sketch on a face, and subtract it with the Pencil (just like you would with extrude) here is an article on how you can create holes with the push-pulling faces, closed sketches. This should help

Unfortunatelly substract does not help if I like to split, that mean I would like to keep both parts. Or does it?

Indeed it does not, but quite often the replace face tool can be a solution. It is a super powerful tool, unfortunately, we will have to work a bit more on explaining it better. here are two good examples, where it can be useful:

1 Like

And the other one:

1 Like

Nice example. Indeed I don’t had such a use case of the replace tool in such a way in mind.

Could we maybe “just” give the opportunity to keep the replaced parts, instead of removing them?

1 Like

Can you elaborate a bit?

Hi,
In Autodesk fusion 360 they’re having that option to extrude a line, the same as the one you took away!
Please bring it back!

//R