Drawing default/drawing template

It would Be Great if it is possible to choose the drawing settings once (like paper size or the orientation of the title block). At the moment Ihave to make the same choices every time I start a 2D drawing. I would prefer a soltion, in which l can store my setting and use them as a template.

1 Like

Hi,

We hear you, this is an important productivity booster for Drawing creation. This is something on our radar and we are looking into it, but I can’t commit to a deadline yet as it’s not on the short term roadmap.

Usually how many different templates are you maintaining, and why?

Being able to export multiple drawings at once would also be useful. However, the most important feature would be the ability to add and remove objects from existing drawings. The primary reason I don’t use Shapr’s drawing feature is that any changes in a complex drawing require starting from scratch, which is impractical professionally. Consequently, I use Shapr for layout creation and PDF Expert for adding measurements. Although it may seem odd, this method is faster than using Shapr alone. It allows me to easily upload a new layout from Shapr and import it into PDF Expert, thereby maintaining my measurements. Currently, the drawing feature in Shapr is only suitable for quick, small sketches, not for larger, evolving drawings.