DXF Import Time

Is it normal for it to take a very long time to import a DXF file? Whenever I import my DXF file it takes so long I think my iPad/app crashed and swipe it up to cancel the import. My DXF file size is 1.3MB. So far, I have never successfully imported this file… not even once.

Hi Jeffrey, please can you send the DXF file to support@shapr3d.com. We will then further investigate the issue and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Ok, I’ve sent the file. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi. I have the same difficulty with many dxf imports. In the construction design industry a lot of manufacturers provide small details in dxf/DWG format. Whilst the files aren’t large and other dxf viewing apps open them instantly, Shapr3D struggles and appears to hang. Also if Shapr does manage to open the dxf, trying to move or resize the total sketch is almost impossible due to the lag.

One issue might be the way Shapr sees each little bit of line as a separate sketch. So a drawing containing hatching might have many 10’s of 1000’s of ‘sketches’. That would be a huge list for Shapr to handle.

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon, thanks for the feedback. We will like to look into this, please can you send some of the DWG/DXF files to support@shapr3d.com

We will investigate the files and get back to you!