easy access part libraries

One thing all professional CAD software have in common is easily accessible libraries of files to be imported in mere seconds. As someone who competes in FRC, my team forces me to use onshape because there is a part library there with all the available components. However, I refuse to give up shapr3d because it is clearly superior. it would be great if you could integrate mass imports of libraries of parts so that they can be easily dragged into my designs. Right now in shapr3d, I have to navigate the import menu find my folder and slowly import individual components. it would be nice to have all that on a side tab. Please add this I don’t want to use crappy onshape, its slow, wastes time, and only has a couple of features up on shapr3d. Now with parametric modeling, you could also add all the features found in onshape like belts, gears, gear interactions, and all those goodies.

1 Like

Hi @Ivarhaakansson , a part library is on our roadmap. Right now the team is focusing on releasing parametric modeling, but after that our attention will shift to multi part design. A part library is an important item of that project. Do you need a standard part library, or a part library for your team, or both?

1 Like

Preferably both, I like solidworks’s library with all the different standardized bolts, nuts, and gears. Really helps when designing something with moving parts when having a customized gear is just a slide away. What a shame that solidworks is incredibly sluggish when it comes to everything else. Love your work on shapr3d and truly wish it becomes a top CAD software
Best wishes, Ivar H

2 Likes