Extruding text

I am a new at this, and am using the ipad app. One of the features i really wanted was the text tool. Why cannot I get it to extrude so there would be raised text on my project?

https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hello,

Have you tried the project tool after adding the letter(s)?
This is how I add text.

1. Get the letter over the area or above the body you would like to add the text too.
  2. Ensure the letter sketch is highlighted and you are out of the sketching mode.
  3. Go to the “project function” and project the letter onto the body by clicking the face of the body you wish to project too.
  4. After projecting you can push and or pull the letters to your liking.
  5. Note: The smallest size is 1". I used the scaling tool to reduce the lettering to .5"

I can get the projection, but the text only turns into a bunch of dots instead of extruding.

Rabbit
It appears you may be grabbing the outline instead of the surface of the letter. You’re looking for the pale blue color of the letter. It may be easier to identify this surface by rotating the model a little bit. Then select the bluish surface. You’ll see a two way (up and down arrow). McD

Thank you so much. I had to zoom in a whole lot so my pen would grab the face. Thank you for your help.

thank you, i will try that.