Failed loft visualisation

I got a lot of experience in CAD thanks to shapr.
What i wish for a newbe like me would be a visualisation why a loft failed. At the moment we see only a error message with a short description. Can you visualize the loft with the caused damage? For me it would a little bit clearer what i have to change on my design in this moment.

1 Like

With the release of parametric modeling, we’ll put in a lot of work into better error handling. Improved error messages and error handling is coming.

4 Likes

Thank you for you fast answer. That sound good. Thank the whole team that make this happen.

Funnily enough, I was just coming to post this same thing after trying to process a loft with a guide edge that failed. I just want to know what’s wrong with the guide edge! :frowning:

Maybe you can share your design with us and we can help you?

I figured out what I needed, but mostly I just wish there was a better explanation of guide curves somewhere. Like, do they have to be curves? Can it be a series of lines?

I was trying to join a series of faces together with straight lines, rather than curves from one to the next, so I drew lines joining each of them at their point, but that didn’t work with the Loft tool. (I ended up just doing each individual segment instead, then unioning them together)

I understand, hopefully we will see a better explanation in the future, like Istvan told.