Having trouble with Loft tool

I am using Shapr3D on Windows and am on the latest version. I’m trying to create a fairly simple shape that involves lofting two circles of different size.

You can see in the screenshot that I attached, I have selected the two faces and the loft was created, but when I try to adjust the control points, it just adjusts how much the loft curves inwards between the circles. The thing is, I want it to curve outwards for my model but I can’t seem to get it to do that with the control points.

Creating a guide curve between the two circles and lofting that gives me an error saying the model was not possible or something. I would appreciate any and all help with this. Please forgive me if this is an easy problem, I have only been using this for two days.

Using a guide curve would be the right way of doing this. What is the exact error message? Can you share a screenshot of the guide curev?

I apologize, but it turns out I was using the guide curve wrong. My guide curve did not connect the two bodies properly and I could not tell that from the perspective I was viewing the model from. I fixed the guide curve and the loft is perfect now.

1 Like