Flat to round

Hi KPeter,
no problem, feel free to ask. As i will later probably have renderings showing the inner part of the lid, i wanted to build the outer geometrie as it is to shell it in the next step. After your post i saw that i wrote 0,1. Actualy it only worked at 0,05 mm. As you said, maybe the small nobs are the problem. Let me know if you would like to have look into the file. I can send it to you.

Yeah, I would like to take a look at it! What is the thickness you are looking for?

Hi,
the file is 70mb. I can wetransfer it. What e-mail adress i can use?

Send it please to support@shapr3d.com, I will take a look at it soon

Thanks, I have received the file. After a bit of project, revolve, intersect and a loft I was able to remove the nobs to check if the simpler lid is shellable to 0.5 wall thickness and it seems to be.
Finding out what is wrong with the nobs was quite fun, first I removed the fillets from the contours but that does not solve the problem. Then I realized that the lower edge of the upper nob is too close to the edge of the fillet under it. And that was the second problem. If you move the nob upper a bit, the unfilleted nobs can be shelled

Hi Peter,

sounds like you had a lot of fun finding out where the problem is. :wink:
Great to see that you were able to rebuilt the lid to make some tests. I didn’t know that i can move parts of the geometrie with the translate tool. Thanks for that too!
Next time i will try to keep an eye on the small details to make the tools work properly.

1 Like