Free hand

I am playing around with the Spline tool. This may work for you but this is just to clunky for what I want. I want a real freehand tool where I can draw a complete free hand sketch. Like I can in Umake. Trying to draw and press to creat a point ( or whatever it is called) then draw some more is not intuitive and easy. It might be a little better than drawing with individual lines but not much.

1 Like

YES, YES, YES. I really want and NEED a full Freehand drawing tool. Please add developers. I would use it all the time buy importing a picture and outlining the image. As well as freehand drawing an image. Umake has this ability but Umake still is to hard for my brane to use. I already LOVE and know how to use Shapr3D. I outline an image right now by Making very shot lines that connect together. Works but not easy and not intuative. PLEASE PLEASE developers add this to the next release. I really need this feature. And I have been asking for the Freehand drawing feature for a long time now.

Hi!
If You are on ipad, I strongly recommend Concepts app for freehand sketch, is vector, you can make quick drawings, and direct export in Shapr, extrude and so on…

2 Likes

I’ll be damnend. They have DXF export

If only other vector apps like affinity designer and Vectornator had this.

1 Like

I’m on the iPad and have been copying images, drawings and pictures using the Spline. As you trace, make control points by pausing and pushing down. These points can then be moved as needed to make the line you’ve made more closely follow the image. It works well for me.