"Group" tool

Hi, for some reason I don’t have the group icon on my desktop… I only have " Sketch, Add, Transform, Tool and delete"… what’s wrong?
Thanks

0 Likes

Hi - we have upgraded the Group experience, please check this support page to learn how: https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020219673-How-Items-upgraded-the-Groups-experience

1 Like

Thank you!
Just another question about groups: why if I disactivate a sketch layer (clicking the eye logo) it reappears as soon as I start to draw on that plane?? I hope you can get my question otherwise I’ll attach pictures.
Thanks again,
Elena

0 Likes

Because currently you can’t group sketches, and sketches on the same plane interact with each other.

0 Likes

waaa… do you think in future it will be possible to group sketches as well? It would be very handy I think…
What about the grid? How do I know if it over my drawing? It could actually be because when i draw beyond the axis line (I think the red one), the draw disappear on that side… do you have any useful link that could help me to understand this? Thanks!

0 Likes

Yes, it will be possible in the future to group sketches as well.
Re grid: just simply look at it :slight_smile:

0 Likes

I’m not getting… sorry :slight_ y
Why when I move the circle close to axis it disappears??

Thanks for your patience

0 Likes

I mean look at it from the side so you can see the grid is on the plane you want to sketch on or not. :slight_smile: When you double tap on a face the grid will move to it.

0 Likes

ok, but if i daw from the left or from the right I’ll always have the sketches hidden popping up… so this, I don’t think is connected with the grid…

0 Likes

Because they are on the same plane. Currently we don’t have sketch groups, thus if you sketch on a plane, hidden sketches will become visible on that plane.

0 Likes